Yuval Cohen, MD
Yuval is a PhD student in the Visual Neuroscience Lab.
His research fields include refractive development, such as myopia, in animal models and neurobiology of ocular growth. Yuval uses the chick model to study myopia, attempting to answer open questions such as the environmental risk factors for development myopia, the ocular growth signals and therapeutical options. Yuval received his MD in Ophthalmology at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.
List of publications
Yuval Cohen, Michael Belkin, Oren Yehezkel, Arieh S Solomon, Uri Polat. Dependency between light intensity and chick’s refractive development under light dark cycle. Experimental eye research. 92(1):40-6 ; 2011.
Yuval Cohen, Yaniv Barkana, Robert Lederman, Isaac Avni, Ori Segal, Yair Morad. Correlation between asthenopic symptoms and different measurements of convergence and reading comprehension and saccadic fixation eye movements. Optometry. 10, 111-115; 2010.
Yuval Cohen, Michael Belkin, Isaac Avni, Uri Polat. Light Intensity Modulates Corneal Power and Refraction in the Chick Eye Exposed to Continuous Light. Vision Vision Research 2008 Sep;48(21):2329-35. Invited Talk, international myopia conference, Tubingen, Germany. 2010.
Audrey Kaplan-Messas, Yuval Cohen, Eytan Z. Blumenthal, Isaac Avni. Trabeculectomy and Phaco-Trabeculectomy with and without Peripheral Iridectomy. European Journal of Ophthalmology. 2009: 19; 231-234.
Cohen Yuval, Shoshani Nadav, Hartmann Benjamin, Hartstein Morris, Stav David, Avni Isaac Ophthalmoplegia and blindness associated with necrotizing sarcoid granuloma, Hrefuha, 2008:147: 150-154.
Cohen Y, Zadok D, Barkana Y, Shochat Z, Ashkenazi I, Avni I, Morad Y.Relationship between night myopia and night-time motor vehicle accidents. Acta Ophthalmol Scand. 2007 Jun;85(4):367-70.
Benhamou N, Messas-Kaplan A, Cohen Y, Gaudric A, Souied EH, Soubrane G, Avni I. Adult-onset foveomacular vitelliform dystrophy with OCT 3. Am J Ophthalmol. 2004 Aug;138(2):294.
Conference Papers and Posters
1. Yuval Cohen, Edna Peleg,Michael Belkin,Uri Polat,Arieh S Solomon. The dependency between vitreal dopamine and dihydroxyphenylacetic acids (DOPAC) on ambient light intensity. ARVO 2011, 11-A-6308, selected E-poster. Yuval Cohen, Lionel Kowal, Yair Amit, Avni Isaac, Yair Morad. The effect of parental smoking on hyperopia in children. 7-2010; Pediatric ophthalmology conference, Israel.
2. Yuval Cohen, Michael Belkin, and Uri Polat. The effect of light intensity on the development of refraction in chicks’ lid sutured eye. ARVO 2010, poster number: 10-A-6343.
3. Yuval Cohen, Isaac Avni, Yair Morad. Surgical alignment in adults’ strabismus with or without amblyopia. 2009; India ARVO poster.
4. Yuval Cohen, Shoshani Nadav, Hartmann Benjamin, Hartstein Morris, Stav David, Avni Isaac Ophthalmoplegia and blindness associated with necrotizing sarcoid granuloma. 2007; Neuro-ophthalmology conference – Israel.
5. Yuval Cohen, Michael Belkin, and Uri Polat. Dependency between light intensity and chick’s refractive development under light dark cycle. ARVO 2006, poster number 06-A-2943.
6. Yuval Cohen, Michael Belkin, and Uri Polat. Light intensity modulates corneal power as well as refraction in chick’s eye. ARVO 2005, poster number 05-A-2783.
7. Yuval Cohen, Michael Belkin, U. Yinon, Uri Polat. Photoperiod alter developmental myopia to hyperopiain chicks with lid suture. ARVO 2004, poster number 04-A-2172.